Upcoming Events

There are no Upcoming Events

Distribuir contenido

Website Feature Request

423 respuestas [Último envío]
Narym
Desconectado/a
se unió: Nov 20 2007

Ok shimmer says if we can get her hex numbers, or exact samples of the colours you want, she can fix them up. Post exact stuff here, and I'll forward it.

With the layout on the front page, do you want the two columns to go, or do you just want a divider or something between the columns?

The oops flash player problem is fixed. the 404s are being actively worked on

I'll work on a Table of contents

I don't know about the feed problem. It should in theory read it directly from the current masterfeed.php. I'll look into it.

I'm going to upgrade your privileges, Blade, so you can actually access the panel (and also play around with RSS). I can't seem to configure the display of the admin panel link to specific user groups using the core extensions and plugins, only to all usergroups above Registered. I'll try and fix that.

BladeLakem
Desconectado/a
se unió: Nov 1 2007

Szark, I like that new one symbol :)

Narym, thanx, I'll play around with the RSS stuff :)

Marten
Imagen de Marten
Desconectado/a
Rel.to MaintainerMessenger
se unió: Nov 8 2007

I'll attempt to get some hex numbers.

BladeLakem
Desconectado/a

I didn't find any RSS plugins for free that did what I wanted. I managed to cobble something together that I think will work. However, there are some bugs in the website. There's a thread that seems to describe several of the issues we are having here:

http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=199&t=257555

However, fixes require access to the file system and the actual Administrator account. I can't attempt any of the fixes suggested.

On another not, I note that the site is using Joomla 1.5.0. The latest version seems to be 1.5.4 - an upgrade might be useful over all.

Narym
Desconectado/a

Yeah, I already referred Shimmer to the seemingly common SEF problem. It doesn't seem to hard to fix, there's plenty written on it, it just requires someone with higher privileges. We won't be able to test the RSS properly until we get this particular problem solved.

Szark
Imagen de Szark
Desconectado/a
Magazine moderatorMagazine teamMessenger
se unió: Ene 12 2008

Logo update with a different font. Still can not find the one Shimmer used but this is the closest and best looking so far.
Szark

Al'Kaera
Imagen de Al'Kaera
Desconectado/a
se unió: Jul 6 2008
Szark wrote:
Logo update with a different font. Still can not find the one Shimmer used but this is the closest and best looking so far.
Szark

Fantastic LOGO Szark, great work. Is our color GOLD? or more YELLOW? Just asking 'cause I never noticed when I was at the table in Kirel. Very clear readable font too. Just have to try it on other colored backgrounds as it may affect the appearance.

again KI 102324  ancient KI 5969479

Szark
Imagen de Szark
Desconectado/a

Yeah good point but I am only throwing ideas out. Look above and you will see another colour that I picked up from the banners hanging in the pub. The one that is on the left side of the newsletter pages.
That Gold colour on the previos page, AlKaera, is taken from the floor of the pub.
Szark

BladeLakem
Desconectado/a

I like the third one of that last group. Though the brown would be really cool if it had a stone texture to it.

Another idea I just thought of would be to use the yellow stone texture of the header on the current homepage header, and put your symbol and words with a light black border around it.

Marten
Imagen de Marten
Desconectado/a

I was discussing "Yellow or Gold?" with Tai'lahr last night. Technically, our color is YELLOW. GOLD is the color for the Archivists (someone must nudge Alahmnat to update his color scheme at DPWR ;)). However, our Pub is rather golden, so I don't think there's any harm in using some.

Of the latest round of symbols, I like eB the best, but I'd be curious to see a version with a more yellow background again, and golden trim.

Szark
Imagen de Szark
Desconectado/a

Ok Colours once again taken from the pub

Narym
Desconectado/a

The third one of the last batch is the best of that set, IMO. The embossing on the 1st one is a bit hard on the eyes.

Al'Kaera
Imagen de Al'Kaera
Desconectado/a
se unió: Jul 6 2008
Narym wrote:
The third one of the last batch is the best of that set, IMO. The embossing on the 1st one is a bit hard on the eyes.

I believe I agree with Narym, I hesitate as I'm not sure, in this light, if it's really yellow or really gold. Don't ask ok :? :? :? Anyway, if the panel on the page and the 'edges' of the book pages were gold with eveything else yellow, it would contrast, and might make the book 'pop' out at ya without the embossing.

Aside; Shimmerillion's signature has a GoMe , what is it called, banner? Whatever, the idea is that it be lengthened just enough to the right to hold a relief that is oh 70X70 for our individual Uru mugshots. As an example; NO example, can't paste here. dangit, now I have to find out what hosting service you use. flikr maybe, it's a yahoo thing, easy too. How about mediafire, it's free, or fraps.
If all this is off topic for this thread, my apologies. So move it. :arrow: :arrow: :!:

again KI 102324  ancient KI 5969479

Marten
Imagen de Marten
Desconectado/a

I like eD.gif the most, with eF.gif in second. There are more votes for eF thus far though, so that may be our winner. :)

I'll post some mockup ideas for the new site later. They're brewing in my brain but I need to put more attention towards helping the newsletter team finish their work.

Nanouk_Metal
Desconectado/a
se unió: Mar 1 2008

My choice = eD

Szark
Imagen de Szark
Desconectado/a

What is a Hex number by the way? Ed is my fav but it all depends how it look as a whole, will be interesting so some examples when they are done.
Szark

Marten
Imagen de Marten
Desconectado/a

Example 16-bit hexadecimal color codes:

#000000 = black
#FFFFFF = white
#FF0000 = full red
#00FF00 = full green
#0000FF = full blue

Each value for a color can range from 00 to FF. In hex, the counting goes
01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 0A 0B 0C 0D 0E 0F 10 11 12 13 14 15 ...

So for example, if you had an RGB set of 128/128/128 (grey), that's Hex 808080.

Szark
Imagen de Szark
Desconectado/a

On the subject of logos have a look here at the GoMa's use for it. You shouldn't miss it, it is the same colour as the text they used for my name. Cool idea!
Szark

Szark
Imagen de Szark
Desconectado/a

In Photoshop it displays info like the, with the hex number I believe at the bottom. Does this make sense to you, because I am lost. :D
Gold background
H: 45
S: 100
B: 80
Red: 204
Green: 153
Blue: 0
#cc9900
Yellow border
#ffcf0b
Szark

Marten
Imagen de Marten
Desconectado/a

If I recall correctly, H / S / B is hue, saturation, and brightness. You don't really need to worry about those values - only the Red, Green, and Blue values.

In the first example, 204 decimal is CC Hex, and 153 decimal is 99 Hex. In Windows, the basic Calendar can be used to do these conversions; select View->Scientific, ensure that the "Dec" mode is selected, enter a decimal number (such as 100), then click the "Hex" radio button. The value will be immediately converted; in this example, to "64".

Szark
Imagen de Szark
Desconectado/a

So 207 would be cf. Btw when I first read this I thought Calender? anyway after about 5 mins I finally figured out that you meant Calculator. :D Thanks Marten much apprecited.
Szark

Marten
Imagen de Marten
Desconectado/a

I'm glad you understood what I meant. Sometimes, I don't even understand myself! :lol:

Andros
Imagen de Andros
Desconectado/a
Messenger
se unió: Oct 29 2007

My opinion on the color. The gold is nice however that is not our color(at least it should not be our main one). On the DRC website our color is . I'd like to use this color in the background of the logo... while the gold could be for the text.
I'm really not a fan of the brownish logos. My favorite is logo eF but i'd prefer using our color for the background while having the inside in white outlined with black or just use black to fill in the text and logo.

In the FAQ of the new website it should be important to be able to click on a member's name and be directed to his e-mail adress considering that they are people to be contacted and joining a forum to speak to people is not convenient.

Someone mentioned it but I think it should really be important to have a big buttom saying something like "Join the GoMe" and we'd be able to collect their e-mail. Joining a forum while not knowing how to be useful is a scary move and posting for the first time is scarier. The shy explorers who may or may not want to join the GoMe would benefit from having a personal touch, someone guiding them regarding their intentions with the guild, their questions about the membership and also introduce them to our community and help them contribute as soon as possible to the Guild and its affiliates.
I remember from experience that being a tad agressive in recruiting members is a good thing... kinda what I did with Szark and Blu. Some people need to be forced to be a GoMe slave :twisted: *cracks whip*

Kalypso: #85553

Lynnutte
Desconectado/a
Forum moderatorCavern CrierMessenger
se unió: Oct 30 2007

Do I hear a volunteer to spearhead the recruiting?

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Andros
Imagen de Andros
Desconectado/a
Messenger

Someone suggested somewhere that everybody try to recruit. I prefer that idea. ;)
But I'll do my part when the time will come(mainly with the "join GoMe buttom"). Right now I need to focus on my given task before I break Lesson 3. ;)

Szark
Imagen de Szark
Desconectado/a
Quote:
Someone suggested somewhere that everybody try to recruit. I prefer that idea.

Yeah that was me and I still hold with that idea.

Logo time are you aready for this

Szark
Imagen de Szark
Desconectado/a

and.........

Szark
Imagen de Szark
Desconectado/a

and......

Andros
Imagen de Andros
Desconectado/a
Messenger

I really like the eK Shark. My favorite at the moment.
Maybe it could look better with a thicker black line?
Should the linking panel be black or stay white as it is?

EDIT: I think I like even more eP. You can't beat a classic.

Szark
Imagen de Szark
Desconectado/a

and....